• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed Corrections a year later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Smitja

I purchased my home just over a year ago. Today I received a call from the previous owner's realtor that the deed was recorded incorrectly. She asked if she could come by and pick up my original deed, have it corrected and re-recorded with the state of Maryland. I am very nervous about giving my original deed to them. What can I do to protect my family, or should I not be concerned? Thank You

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smitja:
I purchased my home just over a year ago. Today I received a call from the previous owner's realtor that the deed was recorded incorrectly. She asked if she could come by and pick up my original deed, have it corrected and re-recorded with the state of Maryland. I am very nervous about giving my original deed to them. What can I do to protect my family, or should I not be concerned? Thank You<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do not give the original deed to anyone except you may give a copy to your real estate attorney. Your attorney will review the title report and deed to see why the deed needs to be corrected and specify how to correct it. Ask the Realtor to explain in writing why the deed needs to be corrected and contact your escrow and title company to confirm that there is a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">