• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deed in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Silverbeacon

in my divorce in states I have complete use and complete possesion of marital home. I paid a 28 year mortage, taxes, fire insurance, upkeep and improvements on property home. Now how do I get x,s name off the deeed of a home I paid for. He refuses to sign off . I don't feel I owe him any money. From New York

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverbeacon:
in my divorce in states I have complete use and complete possesion of marital home. I paid a 28 year mortage, taxes, fire insurance, upkeep and improvements on property home. Now how do I get x,s name off the deeed of a home I paid for. He refuses to sign off . I don't feel I owe him any money. From New York<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The divorce decree should have stated explicit instructions that he Quit Claim the property to you, that you refinance the mortgage etc. within so many days/months of the execution of the decree. If the language in your decree is as you stated, it is unclear and ambiguous.
If he refuses to cooperate you must go back to court to enforce the intent of the decree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">