• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed not in my name, but mortgage note is

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwstapler

What is the name of your state? Texas

The divorce decree states that my ex will assume the mortgage payments after 24 months. My ex has not made any payments and I'm stuck with the payments since the note is in my name. The deed with the county was put in her name per divorce decree in 2001. She has since transferred it to her boyfriend. They have moved out and put the house up for sale. Meanwhile I'm stuck making the monthly mortgage payment. Can I force them to at least take over the mortgage?

The decree inclueded a Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption, which I have tried to invoke. I have the right to foreclose, but how do I foreclose on myself without damaging my credit?

Thank you!

HomeGuru

jwstapler said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

The divorce decree states that my ex will assume the mortgage payments after 24 months. My ex has not made any payments and I'm stuck with the payments since the note is in my name. The deed with the county was put in her name per divorce decree in 2001. She has since transferred it to her boyfriend. They have moved out and put the house up for sale. Meanwhile I'm stuck making the monthly mortgage payment. Can I force them to at least take over the mortgage?

The decree inclueded a Deed of Trust to Secure Assumption, which I have tried to invoke. I have the right to foreclose, but how do I foreclose on myself without damaging my credit?

Thank you!
**A: did you talk to a real estate attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">