• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deed restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xtradiva

The original owner of the property is living and the property has only been transfered once.My understanding is that the original owner can choose to remove a deed restriction either for compensation or free if they choose, the deed restriction runs with the land title, and the original owner that placed the restriction on the title can lift if? I believe I read this in my real estate class, under law of deeds.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xtradiva:
The original owner of the property is living and the property has only been transfered once.My understanding is that the original owner can choose to remove a deed restriction either for compensation or free if they choose, the deed restriction runs with the land title, and the original owner that placed the restriction on the title can lift if? I believe I read this in my real estate class, under law of deeds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diva, is your situation real or hypothetical? What are the specific details with respect to the restriction on the deed? There may be rules but there are also exceptions.

X

xtradiva

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Diva, is your situation real or hypothetical? What are the specific details with respect to the restriction on the deed? There may be rules but there are also exceptions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is a real suitation. The original owner sold 4 tracts in 4-5 acres to the childern and retained apx. 65 acres, which they divided into much smaller tracts and with diferent deed restricitons, out of the 4 childern only one still retains the property. The deed restricitons contained a restricition that stated if the property was sold the original owner(parents) had a first right of refusal, also a deed restriction that the property could not be divided, however the 65 acres retained by the parents did not have these restricitons and they since soldmuch smaller tracts with slightly different deed restricitons. When these properties were sold the parents had to quit claim their interest, my question is I remember reading in my real estate classes that the person that placed a deed restriciton can remove that restriction before the restriciton expires, my next question is, does an adjoing property owner have any say so? And if so, then how come the balance of the property can be restricted differently?

X

xtradiva

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xtradiva:
Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Diva, is your situation real or hypothetical? What are the specific details with respect to the restriction on the deed? There may be rules but there are also exceptions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is a real suitation. The original owner sold 4 tracts in 4-5 acres to the childern and retained apx. 65 acres, which they divided into much smaller tracts and with diferent deed restricitons, out of the 4 childern only one still retains the property. The deed restricitons contained a restricition that stated if the property was sold the original owner(parents) had a first right of refusal, also a deed restriction that the property could not be divided, however the 65 acres retained by the parents did not have these restricitons and they since soldmuch smaller tracts with slightly different deed restricitons. When these properties were sold the parents had to quit claim their interest, my question is I remember reading in my real estate classes that the person that placed a deed restriciton can remove that restriction before the restriciton expires, my next question is, does an adjoing property owner have any say so? And if so, then how come the balance of the property can be restricted differently?
2nd part I had my ladn sold the original owner agreed to release me from the first right and also from the restriction of dividing, however an adjoing property owner filed a letter claiming I was in violation of my deed restrictions, they did not know I had asked the parent(original owner) to remove the deed restriciton, my contintion is this is my deed restriction which encumbers my property and is none of their business as this is not a subdivision, and in America I do not have to tell my neigbors what I am doing with my property!They cost me the sale on the home.Can I sue for tort of contract?

X

xtradiva

HomeGuru,
Have you read my reply to weather this suitation was real or not?Please respond with what you think?

HomeGuru

Originally posted by xtradiva:
Originally posted by HomeGuru:
2nd part I had my ladn sold the original owner agreed to release me from the first right and also from the restriction of dividing, however an adjoing property owner filed a letter claiming I was in violation of my deed restrictions, they did not know I had asked the parent(original owner) to remove the deed restriciton, my contintion is this is my deed restriction which encumbers my property and is none of their business as this is not a subdivision, and in America I do not have to tell my neigbors what I am doing with my property!They cost me the sale on the home.Can I sue for tort of contract?
HomeGuru response:

Sorry, I must have missed your post. The original owner that placed the restriction on the deed can remove it. The adjoining neighbors have no say as long as they have no interest in the restriction and the restriction does not affect them. An owner can place restrictions on certain lots and none n others. Ex: Owner deeds five separate lots to 5 buyers.
1) only sheep can be grazed
2) only cows can be grazed
3) no animals
4) only a red 1500 SF house can be built
5) anything goes.

Your last question can not be answered since I do not know on what basis you allege to have a claim involving the sale or non-sale of your home.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited August 11, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">