• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed Transfer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JorrieM

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
North Carolina

Hi,

I need to have a plot of land that is currently a part of a family farm transferred to my sole ownership. I've lived on the land for over 20 years, and have a trailer on the lot. There are several branches of the family that each speak for the estate of their branch of the family. What do I need to have drawn up for each branch to sign to transfer ownership?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
North Carolina

Hi,

I need to have a plot of land that is currently a part of a family farm transferred to my sole ownership. I've lived on the land for over 20 years, and have a trailer on the lot. There are several branches of the family that each speak for the estate of their branch of the family. What do I need to have drawn up for each branch to sign to transfer ownership?
**A: first thing that must be done is a survey and then subdivision approval obtained so that the plot is legally a separate parcel with it's own tax key so there is an actual piece of land that can be conveyed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">