• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deed versus lifetime rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

regferree

I'm in Central North Carolina.
My grandmother had land that she signed into her daughter and one grandaughter's name. A few years ago, she gave me approx. 4 acres. My aunt and cousin agreed at the time that I would be deeded the land. (It is to be deeded to my daughter). We have recently been working on the land to setup our mobile home, etc. We had the land surveyed, cleared, recorded, all permits, septic system, and the home on it. We have invested alot into the land with the understanding that it would be deeded as previously agreed. Well my aunt has recently(2weeks) decided that she does not want to deed the land to us, but will give me and my daughter lifetime rights. I wanted to know what exactly is lifetime rights. Or if I decide not to accept that offer is there anything that can be done regarding the investment we made in the land?

R

regferree

I need a little more information and I can't seem to find it, hope someone can help.

IF I take the lifetime rights, can in say 5 -6 years, loose those rights if the deed owners decide to do that?

Thanks

HomeGuru

You can't lose a lifetime estate if the estate docs are recorded and you abide by all the provisions in the agreement. Please consult with an attorney licensed in your State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">