• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deeded beach easement and crazy neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkixx

What is the name of your state?

I live on a lake in Massachusetts and have a deeded right-of-way to the beach across from my home.

My street is split into a north and south side. The 9 homes across from the water on the north side with me also have the rights to the beach on their deeds. The homes across from the water on the south side of the street have a deeded right of way to a "beach" on the south side of the street.

I have a new neighbor who bought a home on the south side of the street knowing full well he had deeded rights to the south side beach. He is now in the process of retaining a lawyer to "go after" the north side beach. The south side "beach" was never truly developed by home owners and it's easier for his purposes just to use the north side beach.

As his deed states his rights are to a completely different beach, I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on in "going after" the north side beach. But, I was wondering does he have any case?

He has also made threats against other neighbors' property and possessions.

Thank you.

HomeGuru

mkixx said:
What is the name of your state?

I live on a lake in Massachusetts and have a deeded right-of-way to the beach across from my home.

My street is split into a north and south side. The 9 homes across from the water on the north side with me also have the rights to the beach on their deeds. The homes across from the water on the south side of the street have a deeded right of way to a "beach" on the south side of the street.

I have a new neighbor who bought a home on the south side of the street knowing full well he had deeded rights to the south side beach. He is now in the process of retaining a lawyer to "go after" the north side beach. The south side "beach" was never truly developed by home owners and it's easier for his purposes just to use the north side beach.

As his deed states his rights are to a completely different beach, I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on in "going after" the north side beach. But, I was wondering does he have any case?

He has also made threats against other neighbors' property and possessions.

Thank you.
**A: and you also should be in the process of retaining legal counsel. We can't review your legal title documents thus are not in a position to advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">