• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deeded Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steve8282

My property (located in California) has a deeded easement at one end that allows access to a landlocked piece of property owned by my neighbor. My question is this:
What legal rights do I, the owner of the property the deeded easement is on, have and what rights does the easement user have? Do I have to keept the easement clear at all times or just allow access upon request? The property it accesses is landlocked and has no buildings on it.

nextwife

Normally, an egress easement must be kept clear for ingress and egress, and should not require the user to REQUEST use first. It exists for ready access by the party who benefits from the easement. You may not block the easement..

What, exactly is the easement language?

Cedrus

We used to live in CA on a private dead end road with a neighbor living beyond our casa. There was a deeded easement. Forgot the wording. Because the neighbor had a bunch of his pals cars/trucks parked on the road, I went to see a lawyer about easements.

Lawyer said it was ok for neighbor to park on the road.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">