• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deeds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

captkirkk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Both of my parents have deceased. They both had wills, leaving all personal and real property to the remaining survivor, or to me, their only child. Mother was the last to go, in March of this 2008 year. Mother's will leaves the entire estate to me, and the only values left were $57K cash and real property valued at RMV $396,300.00. As I understand, these values are all under the State's requirements, thus the two assets of cash and real property just resort to me.

My question is: What Deed (transfer document) is best to use to take mother and father off the current deed and replace with me and my wife for county recording? The transfer of real property into my name and my wife's name, from my parent’s name?

Last edited:

tranquility

I am uncertain as to what you mean by "under the state's requirements", but "small estate" proceedings in Oregon is where the fair market value of the estate is less than or equal to $140,000, of which no more than $50,000 may be personal property and not more than $90,000 may be real property.

You are above those amounts in all respects. You must open full probate to transfer the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">