• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default on Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BusLink

NY: I am the holder of a mortgage loan that is presently in default. I have a new buyer for the property. I would like to know what my rights are concerning selling the property and why steps must I follow to complete this process as fast as possible.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BusLink:
NY: I am the holder of a mortgage loan that is presently in default. I have a new buyer for the property. I would like to know what my rights are concerning selling the property and why steps must I follow to complete this process as fast as possible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you sell the property ie. cash to existing first mortgage, purchase money second mortgage, sales contract etc.? Is there a first mortgage lender involved? Is the property still occupied by the Buyer in default? You can not resell the property until the first transaction is terminated and the property title is free and clear of the first transaction.

Sounds like you need to hire a real estate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">