• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lost patience

I am having a problem in fl. I have been living in a house for the past 3 years with the intent on buying. I had even gone so far as to send a 14000 down payment to be held in escrow. Now that i have filled out the paperwork for the house sale 3 times and the owner of the house failing to sign off on all 3 occasions to the agreed upon terms, I no longer want the house. The owner of the house says that he is holding the money for missed rent payments. He cannot tell me how much he thinks that I've missed or when I missed them. All I really want back is the 14k. If it comes down to having to sue for my money back, can i go ahead and try to get market value out of the house for the improvements that I have made while here?

HomeGuru

That's just great. You live in the house as a tenant, then pay a deposit to buy with no written contract.
Then you can't provide receipts of rental payments.
Thus far, you have dne everything wrong. Do something right now and hire an attorney right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">