• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposit not returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emslee

I recently purchased a mobile home. I paid a down payment and was told I would be contacted when the final closing forms were ready. Alomst three weeks later when the finance papers were presented to us, the payment amount was more than we were told it would be. We refused to sign the papers and requested a refund of our deposit. I was told I would not get my deposit back, and I was responsible for the house. Could anyone please help me with this?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emslee:
I recently purchased a mobile home. I paid a down payment and was told I would be contacted when the final closing forms were ready. Alomst three weeks later when the finance papers were presented to us, the payment amount was more than we were told it would be. We refused to sign the papers and requested a refund of our deposit. I was told I would not get my deposit back, and I was responsible for the house. Could anyone please help me with this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left out a critical piece of information. When you gave then your downpayment, what did you sign? You signed a sales contract to purchase the mobile home. What did the contract say as far as your agreement as to the sales price, size, etc. Did the contract have contingencies such as financing, interest rate, monthly payment amount etc.?

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited August 10, 2000).]

E

EMSLEE

I signed the preliminary papers to purchase but nothing for financing or interest rate or payments. The dealer would not give me a copy of the papers, just a receipt for my down payment.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EMSLEE:
I signed the preliminary papers to purchase but nothing for financing or interest rate or payments. The dealer would not give me a copy of the papers, just a receipt for my down payment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the titles of the prelim papers?
Did it have the purchase price, down payment amount and how the balance would be paid etc? I am trying to establish what you agreed to in writing.

E

emslee

I agreed to a purchase order for a house, a mediation agreement, and to secure financing

J

JaniceB

I have just had the same thing happen to me but my differences were they didn;t allow commercial usage of your home and I work at home..did you resolve the issue? Did you lose your downpayment or have to take the home?..please respond...I am very curious

J

JaniceB

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JaniceB:
I have just had the same thing happen to me but my differences were they didn;t allow commercial usage of your home and I work at home..did you resolve the issue? Did you lose your downpayment or have to take the home?..please respond...I am very curious<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can contact me on [email protected]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
What are the titles of the prelim papers?
Did it have the purchase price, down payment amount and how the balance would be paid etc? I am trying to establish what you agreed to in writing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want more advice you need to cooperate by reading my response and answering ALL the questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">