• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposit refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajean

On the subject of deposit refunds, I would like to know if in WA I can demand proof (such as receipts) that the landlord actually performed the repairs he said he did. He charged what I consider large amounts of money for repairs I never knew about and strongly suspect he made up. I also have a problem with the landlord changing my cleaning fee from $12 to $15 hour. He says he has the right to do this. I say he broke our contract since it doesn't say anywhere in the lease that he can increase my fees. It was a nine month contract and we stayed for 3 years on a month to month. Who's right? Where can I go to find out more about what my rights are?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ajean:
On the subject of deposit refunds, I would like to know if in WA I can demand proof (such as receipts) that the landlord actually performed the repairs he said he did. He charged what I consider large amounts of money for repairs I never knew about and strongly suspect he made up. I also have a problem with the landlord changing my cleaning fee from $12 to $15 hour. He says he has the right to do this. I say he broke our contract since it doesn't say anywhere in the lease that he can increase my fees. It was a nine month contract and we stayed for 3 years on a month to month. Who's right? Where can I go to find out more about what my rights are?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are entitled to recieve copies of receipts/invoices or s statement from L (if L personally did the work) as proof of the charges and deductions to your security deposit.

Click on the link on this page titled State Resources and go to Washington State then to Title 59 RCW, Landlord and Tenant, Chapter 59.18 Residential Landlord-Tenant Act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">