• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DIRTY DUCTS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JMJaros

I rent a condo in Houston, Texas and I am having a problem with my air ducts. They are moldy, filthy, and a health hazard I am sure. I have bad allergies to mold and I have recently discovered the reasons I have problems sleeping at night. I called the leasing office and they told me they would change out the air filter, but they dont clean ducts. I feel this is a health hazard. Please let me know if I have rights as a tenant. Is this the responsibility of the landlord??? I look forward to your quick response. <AAAAAAAAAchooooooooooo.....!!!>
:(

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMJaros:
I rent a condo in Houston, Texas and I am having a problem with my air ducts. They are moldy, filthy, and a health hazard I am sure. I have bad allergies to mold and I have recently discovered the reasons I have problems sleeping at night. I called the leasing office and they told me they would change out the air filter, but they dont clean ducts. I feel this is a health hazard. Please let me know if I have rights as a tenant. Is this the responsibility of the landlord??? I look forward to your quick response. &lt;AAAAAAAAAchooooooooooo.....!!!&gt;
:(
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bless you. This is the responsibility of the landlord especially if it is central air conditioning. The leasing office should be put on notice that you are having allergic reactions and that the IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) is below the acceptable State and Federal standards.
Do some research so you can speak with authority on the subject. www.epa.gov search keywords indoor air quality.

I sure hope those ducts are not growing some of that toxic S. mold. Tell them to clean those ducts or they will be roast duck.

Mighty Duck

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited August 08, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">