• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disclosure and public water

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carolspage

I just had purchase a home and found out the water (public) has many problems. You can't drink it. You can't bathe in it and it will ruin your clothes. IRON and Magnesium was what DEP found on the test. Now I went to the meetings and i have complained but nothing is being done. The seller never reported any problems with the water but it has been years of on going problems and I was told the Seller was aware of it but didn't report it to me in the disclosure. Now the filteration company i called tested the water and said that I have acidity water and the iron is high and the ph is low. Damage to all my pipes can happen cause it will slowly eat at the metal. Hot water heater also may be damaged. What can i legally do? Please Help. Besides all that I have been breaking out in hives.

Carol

HomeGuru

carolspage said:
I just had purchase a home and found out the water (public) has many problems. You can't drink it. You can't bathe in it and it will ruin your clothes. IRON and Magnesium was what DEP found on the test. Now I went to the meetings and i have complained but nothing is being done. The seller never reported any problems with the water but it has been years of on going problems and I was told the Seller was aware of it but didn't report it to me in the disclosure. Now the filteration company i called tested the water and said that I have acidity water and the iron is high and the ph is low. Damage to all my pipes can happen cause it will slowly eat at the metal. Hot water heater also may be damaged. What can i legally do? Please Help. Besides all that I have been breaking out in hives.

Carol
My response:
1. the Seller is guilty of non-disclosure of a material fact.
2. you may have to replumb your home with CPVC piping but check with a licensed plumbing contractor.
3. you may be allergic to the water.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">