• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure statemens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DonL

I bought a home in Texas last year. The heating unit is not working. It apparently was rewired so that it works only on emergency heat. The seller did not disclose this problem. The home was inspected but the inspector did not catch the problem either. Who is responsible for the repair of the heating unit (estimate $800.00-$3000.00)?

D

DonL

At this point I have called my real estate agent and the broker for the agent that represented the seller. My agent does not have a forwarding address for the seller and the seller's agent no longer works for that particular broker. The broker said that we need to find either the seller or their former agent (who might be able to give us the seller's address).

We are in the process of narrowing down a true estimate of repair costs. But we are at a loss on how do we get funds from someone when we don't have a way to find them. I know this sounds silly but it seems that this would not be a unique problem.

Does the seller's agent or broker have some responsibility in this to help track down the seller? I would think that the broker would have a file that might have the seller's forwarding address. Is there some magic words that I could use to get him to release that information?

D

DonL

Thanks. I'll try all four at once. What a wise person you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">