• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disruptive Upstairs Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sianyde

I am a tenant in Bensalem Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. My upstairs neighbors are very
loud with a stereo and now a motorized treadmill. The treadmill shakes and vibrates my walls
and makes deep resonating thumping sounds. This continues for an hour sometimes. I have filed
two reports with the local police department. The maintenance man told me the landlord wants
to evict them, but I don't think he is serious. Do I have any remedy whatsoever for this (I want either the treadmill gone or my lease terminated, preferably)
problem or am I stuck waiting for my lease to end or the 3 months it takes for eviction to happen
if it has in fact even started?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sianyde:
I am a tenant in Bensalem Township,
Bucks County, Pennsylvania. My upstairs
neighbors are very
loud with a stereo and now a motorized
treadmill. The treadmill shakes and
vibrates my walls
and makes deep resonating thumping
sounds. This continues for an hour
sometimes. I have filed
two reports with the local police
department. The maintenance man told me
the landlord wants
to evict them, but I don't think he is
serious. Do I have any remedy whatsoever
for this (I want either the treadmill
gone or my lease terminated, preferably)
problem or am I stuck waiting for my
lease to end or the 3 months it takes for
eviction to happen
if it has in fact even
started?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are entitled to peaceful and quiet enjoyment of your leased premises. Since your rights have been violated, you need to put the landlord on written notice of the problems and that you demand that the landlord take immediate action to remedy the problems pursuant to your requested options. Keep calling the police so that there are documented evidence of the problem via the police reports. That way you are protected in the event the landlord denies the problems and fails to take corrective action to mitigate.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited May 27, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">