• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dividing one property into two.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sambro

I built a house on my parents property approx. five years ago adjacent to there house.My parents and i get along fine, and it was our understanding that i would inherit the house if i paid half of the mortgage,(my half is $1,109.94).The problem is that my mom keeps barrowing against the equity to bale out my brothers and sisters with there screw ups and my half of the mortgage keeps going up year after year.So basically I'm just a renter that can't write it of my taxes.My mom and dad said when they pass away it's in the will that i am to inherit the house i designed and built myself.But, you know how sibling can get when there parents arn't around, fighting amongst themselves for there share.So my mom siad for me to pay to have the property divided now.Our lots are large, and there are other lots that i know of that have done what i want to do. Thank you for your Time.

T

Tracey

What's your question? You're going to need a real estate attorney to handle the deal. You should also talk to an estate planner.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">