• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do Land Owners own parts of a closed road?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danny C

What is the name of your state?Michigan.

Hello folks, A few years ago the village I live in closed three small roads around my house and in an area that was purchased by a development company, one of the roads run along side my property, and one of the roads run behind my house. This year on my property tax bill the name of these two roads apear, to be more exact it says (Property Description: Lots 1,2,3,18,19 & 20 Blk 84 & That PRT VAC GROVE ST ADJ TO LOTS 19 & 20 LYING S OF TOWNE CENTRAL DR LAKELAND ACRES#3. Now a contractor just paved Grove Street and explaned to me the village gave them the go ahead to do so, 2 other neighbors and myself are affected by this. Am I way off, or do the property owners parts of a closed road? thanks in advance.
:confused:

BelizeBreeze

Just because the road was closed doesn't mean the village has legally abandonned it.

The landowners do NOT automatically receive ownership and from what you posted, nothing out of the ordinary has occurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">