• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

double wide home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llradford

What is the name of your state? nc
I purchased a double wide home from a man who had bought a foreclosed property. He could not sell the home because it had some fire damage, it thought he would have a better chance of selling the land without the home on it ,he told me if i wanted the house i could have it for the taxes owed on it and move it off the land. the title to the home was retired so he thought because it was supose to be a land home package, anyway to make a long story short, i moved the house and remodled it, now it has been 1 1/2 and i still have no title, everytime i speak to him about it he has title insurance, and his attorney is working on it. in the meantime i can't get insurance, put it in my will or anything, any advice would be helpful.

FlyingRon

You can put it your will. Of course, your heir won't have any better property interest in it than you do.

I'm not sure how "title insurance" is going to help either one of you.

You're being screwed...did you have a written purchase contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">