• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drainage Easement Question/Trespass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HoppyHop

I am in Texas!

Greetings! I bought a new house on a double sized lot in a subdivision. Actually, the other "lot" has a drainage easement which includes a ditch.

At one point, our property line goes to the far side of the ditch and comes back to the middle of the ditch at the back of the easement lot. The easement is bounded by private property.

I have had a problem with a neighborhood boy and his friends playing in the ditch and have told him several times to leave, and have informed his parents. I have caught the boys throwing rocks at animals and onto my property.

This is really making me feel insecure at home. Do I have any legal recourse? I don't even know if I have the right say they are tresspassing!

I would love to hear any advice. Thank you very much.

HomeGuru

HoppyHop said:
I am in Texas!

Greetings! I bought a new house on a double sized lot in a subdivision. Actually, the other "lot" has a drainage easement which includes a ditch.

At one point, our property line goes to the far side of the ditch and comes back to the middle of the ditch at the back of the easement lot. The easement is bounded by private property.

I have had a problem with a neighborhood boy and his friends playing in the ditch and have told him several times to leave, and have informed his parents. I have caught the boys throwing rocks at animals and onto my property.

This is really making me feel insecure at home. Do I have any legal recourse? I don't even know if I have the right say they are tresspassing!

I would love to hear any advice. Thank you very much.
**A: take a look at your survey or plat map and if the ditch/drainage area is on your property, then you can even call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">