• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driveway easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pennypat

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Several years ago, I had an easment drawn up for a shared driveway. My neighbor is selling his home. Is the easement transferable to the new owners without my consent or do I have the right to withdraw the easement? The survey indicates that I own 95% of the driveway. How do I get rid of the easement, I would like to reclaim all of my driveway?

HomeGuru

pennypat said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Several years ago, I had an easment drawn up for a shared driveway. My neighbor is selling his home. Is the easement transferable to the new owners without my consent or do I have the right to withdraw the easement? The survey indicates that I own 95% of the driveway. How do I get rid of the easement, I would like to reclaim all of my driveway?
**A: read your easement. I am pretty sure that the easement runs with the land and you cannot get rid of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">