• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driveway easment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilheavendaycar

What is the name of your state? delaware
my property has a established easment for the business next door to use my driveway for deliveries however they are using it as a parking lot for there customers my driveway is constanly blocked and i too run a business it is hard at times for my clients to get in i have paid for all improvents to the driveway and thier sustomers and large trucks destroy it we have nurmous times taked to the owners with no avail what can i do in this situation?
also can i legally put a fence in place if i give them a means to access it for the deliveries

Last edited:

nextwife

I'd suggest you start by going to the business owner and making it clear that "perhaps some employees who don't understand that the easement agreement ONLY allows pickup/dropoff" and that he needs to talk to them and explain that parking there will not be tolerated.

Odds are he has no idea this is a problem. And if you approach it that way, you are not accusing HIM/HER of any wrongdoing. If that doesn't work, have your attorney write tham a letter. If that doesn't work, yout attorney will need to review the easement and situation and discuss with you what to do next.

HomeGuru

lilheavendaycar said:
What is the name of your state? delaware
my property has a established easment for the business next door to use my driveway for deliveries however they are using it as a parking lot for there customers my driveway is constanly blocked and i too run a business it is hard at times for my clients to get in i have paid for all improvents to the driveway and thier sustomers and large trucks destroy it we have nurmous times taked to the owners with no avail what can i do in this situation?
also can i legally put a fence in place if i give them a means to access it for the deliveries
**A: review the language in the recorded easement agreement. Most likley the easement is for purposes of ingress/egress only and not parking. If so, talk to them, put up private property, tow away and parking signs. Then start towing away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">