• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Duel Custory of Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phyllis Woods

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My brother and I are duel owners of 4 acres of property (with our own dwellings) in Port Orford Oregon. As it turned out my brother is a con man who got me for over $30,000 over three years ago then took off for the east coast to con others. In the past few days I have been receiving phone calls from people asking for him.... He has never shared my phone number nor has had anything to with my phone number; as it turns out these are calls from Mortgage Company's - my biggest fear is that he's trying to take out a loan against the property and if he gets approved he'll once again take off for parts unknown leaving me to pay back "his" loan. I don't want to lose my home because of his greed. First of all can he get a loan without my signature? Second if he can, is there anyway I can have it blocked or at least questioned?

Thank You,
Phyllis

FlyingRon

That's DUAL (although seeing the animosity between you and your brother, perhaps that's freudian).

Lenders won't lend when there are multiple owners unless all owners sign.

What you should be more concerned with is that he sells or otherwise loses his interest in the property.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My brother and I are duel owners of 4 acres of property (with our own dwellings) in Port Orford Oregon. As it turned out my brother is a con man who got me for over $30,000 over three years ago then took off for the east coast to con others. In the past few days I have been receiving phone calls from people asking for him.... He has never shared my phone number nor has had anything to with my phone number; as it turns out these are calls from Mortgage Company's - my biggest fear is that he's trying to take out a loan against the property and if he gets approved he'll once again take off for parts unknown leaving me to pay back "his" loan. I don't want to lose my home because of his greed. First of all can he get a loan without my signature? Second if he can, is there anyway I can have it blocked or at least questioned?

Thank You,
Phyllis

**A: so what is the nature of these calls from the mortgage companies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">