• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earnest Money Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kbrewer

Colorado - I was under contract to purchase a condo, but my loan application was denied, so I cancelled the contract according to the "Loan Committment" provision, by the deadline, but now The Listing Agent/Seller is refusing to release my earnest money until I submit my application to their lender. This was not written into the contract. How do I go about forcing the seller to give back my money since I agreed to mediation?:confused:

seniorjudge

Kbrewer said:
Colorado - I was under contract to purchase a condo, but my loan application was denied, so I cancelled the contract according to the "Loan Committment" provision, by the deadline, but now The Listing Agent/Seller is refusing to release my earnest money until I submit my application to their lender. This was not written into the contract. How do I go about forcing the seller to give back my money since I agreed to mediation?:confused:
Q: How do I go about forcing the seller to give back my money since I agreed to mediation?

A: Go to mediation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">