• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement

• Thread starter jojobear2001200
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jojobear2001200

What is the name of your state? florida
I have shared a driveway with the property next to me for may years and now the new owners want to block me from using it.
I do have access to a public road but would have to build a culvert and new driveway.My question is can he build a gate to stop me from using the old driveway and make me get my own driveway?I believe the current driveway is an easement to his property?

HomeGuru

jojobear2001200 said:
What is the name of your state? florida
I have shared a driveway with the property next to me for may years and now the new owners want to block me from using it.
I do have access to a public road but would have to build a culvert and new driveway.My question is can he build a gate to stop me from using the old driveway and make me get my own driveway?

**A: how long have you been using this driveway? Do you have a recorded easement or right-of-way?

I believe the current driveway is an easement to his property?

**A: if the current driveway is an easement to his property, then who is the landowner?

J

jojobear2001200

i asked about a shared driveway and you asked how long it has been shared it has been shared for approxamatly 18 years. as far as who actually owns the land im not sure.can i find that out without having to survey the land?also where would i find out if there is a recorded right of way?

HomeGuru

jojobear2001200 said:
i asked about a shared driveway and you asked how long it has been shared it has been shared for approxamatly 18 years.

**A: research prescriptive easements and discuss with your attorney.

as far as who actually owns the land im not sure.can i find that out without having to survey the land?

**A: you will not know the exact property boundaries without a survey.

also where would i find out if there is a recorded right of way?

**A: look at your title report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">