• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anais

when i purchased my home, i was told by the realtor, the homeowner and my neighbor that i had an easement. this was not specifically listed on my title. but, the neighbor told me that i could use this easement whenever i wanted.( oral contract?) he has now changed his mind. at one time, an easement did exist through the municipality. can i have this re-established? do i have any recourse here? thanks, julie

T

Tracey

I'm sorry, but your question & facts are too vague for us to give you an answer. It could be yes or no. Consult a real estate attorney about enforcing the easement OR suing the seller for fraud. What ticked neighbor off? Perhaps you should spend some money repairing your relationship before you start paying a lawyer!

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

A

anais

tracey....thank you for your reply....i am in the state of ohio. and, as for repairing my relationship...haha :0) this man has an ongoing war with each and every neighbor....i would suppose that he is angry with me in particular for having his renter arrested after stealing 500.00 worth of hostas while i was on vacation. either way.....i have tried to research this topic with public records and have yet to uncover anything. i will keep trying, thank you for your words of advice....julie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">