• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aonca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My neighbor & I have an easement granted to a third neighbor that is behind us. The easement is for access to a landlocked house used as an assisted living facility. Because of what the home is used for, there is a lot of traffic. We have asked the owner continuously to have his workers/visitors to slow down (small children and pets live in the homes bordering this easement), to no avail. Also we've put up signs advising slow down children at play. None of this has worked so we put in speed bumps in attempt to make them slow down. Now the owner is complaining and threatening to get the police involved (although I believe this is a civil matter). Also people are driving on our lawn to go around these speed bumps. Do we have any remedies other than blocking the easement? This easement is an expressed easement but we maintain the road (snowplowing and gravel upkeep,etc.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My neighbor & I have an easement granted to a third neighbor that is behind us. The easement is for access to a landlocked house used as an assisted living facility. Because of what the home is used for, there is a lot of traffic. We have asked the owner continuously to have his workers/visitors to slow down (small children and pets live in the homes bordering this easement), to no avail. Also we've put up signs advising slow down children at play. None of this has worked so we put in speed bumps in attempt to make them slow down. Now the owner is complaining and threatening to get the police involved (although I believe this is a civil matter). Also people are driving on our lawn to go around these easements. Do we have any remedies other than blocking the easement? This easement is an expressed easement but we maintain the road (snowplowing and gravel upkeep,etc.)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: construct a wall on your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">