• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Abell

I am thinking about buying a piece of landlocked property. There is no legal easement. There is a physical access that has been used for over 35 years by the current owner. I know that he can sue for an easement, because of all the years he has used it without contest. He knows they people who own the other property and is unwilling to sue them. If I purchase the property do I still have the same right to sue? Could the owners of the other property block me from getting to my property? They want a lot of money for the easement.

HomeGuru

Do not buy the property unless there is an easement on record in your favor. Make your offer specifically contingent on this issue.

rangertim

easement over public property

Would the "not buy w/o easement" advice apply when the access is over public property? I am looking at landlocked Arizona propery. Current access to the property, which has had a house for decades, is over both Arizona state property and Bureau of Land Management property.

Thanks

HomeGuru

Would the "not buy w/o easement" advice apply when the access is over public property? I am looking at landlocked Arizona propery. Current access to the property, which has had a house for decades, is over both Arizona state property and Bureau of Land Management property.

Thanks
**A: yes, and next time please start your own thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">