• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement of Access rights - Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindas51

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have adjoining property easement of access (gravel road) with my neighbor. We are both in agreement that we want users of the easement to go 10 miles per hour. This is becuase wildlife, domestic animals and individuals have been injured or killed and because of the dust. This easement is also used as a bridal trail and because it goes up a hill to a peak and then down to a sharp 90 degree turn. We have posted the speed limit and asked drivers to slow down. Unfortuantely, there are several individuals that continue to go through the easement at speeds in excess of 45 MPH. What are our rights and how do we enforce this speed limit. I have contacted Police, Sheriffs, Lanf Management etc. No one seems to know. Thank You.

HomeGuru

lindas51 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have adjoining property easement of access (gravel road) with my neighbor. We are both in agreement that we want users of the easement to go 10 miles per hour. This is becuase wildlife, domestic animals and individuals have been injured or killed and because of the dust. This easement is also used as a bridal trail and because it goes up a hill to a peak and then down to a sharp 90 degree turn. We have posted the speed limit and asked drivers to slow down. Unfortuantely, there are several individuals that continue to go through the easement at speeds in excess of 45 MPH. What are our rights and how do we enforce this speed limit. I have contacted Police, Sheriffs, Lanf Management etc. No one seems to know. Thank You.

**A: if your easemnet agreement does not give you such rights, contact the landowner and get permission to install traffic calming devices such as speed bumps, etc.

L

lindas51

I and my neighbor are the landowners. We are in agreement of attempting to enforce speed reduction. It is the users of the easement that do not wish to comply.

HomeGuru

lindas51 said:
I and my neighbor are the landowners.

**A: better yet so sit down with your nwighbor and write out some additional rules of the road that you can serve upon the users.

We are in agreement of attempting to enforce speed reduction. It is the users of the easement that do not wish to comply.

**A: force them to comply, by putting up new signs and installing speed bumps.
If they give you more grief, install high speed bumps every 20 feet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">