• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daisybell2

michigan, easement dispute, sheriffs department came out and said to work it out or go to court, he suggested having a mediator present, is there someone within the court house that acts as a mediator or do we have to pay an attorney for that? do we have to have an attorney to get a court order to keep the neighbor off the disputed area until settled?:confused: please help

FarmerJ

Daisy Your Post is sort of vague . What are they doing driving a car on what was intended to be a foot path ?

D

daisybell2

the easement is not a foot path it is an easement to access our parcel of land that our home is on. The sheriff said that we could get a court order to keep the land owner off of the disputed area until it was settled. i just need to know how to get a court order and where to find a mediator if the neighbor decides that he will sit down and work this mess out. can you help? is there a form that we can fill out or do we have to contact an attorney to handle this?

FarmerJ

Daisey I dont think it will be that easy finding a so called form . Your post is still vague so Ill say this If its your only driveway into your home and the neighbor is giving you a very hard time using it then talking with a lawyer is your best bet up on the right side of this page is Find A Lawyer click on the link and give it a go . Many law firms have reasonable consultation fees .

D

daisybell2

FarmerJ - do I have to go through an attorney to get a court order to stop the neighbor from using the disputed area? I could give you all the details of the mess but without being able to see all the documents you probably wouldn't be able to make a fair call anyway.

FarmerJ

Daisy I honestly think that consulting with a law firm would be your best bet way too many times people have property granting easement to another and the easements are just too vague . With consulting with a law firm you may find out that you have a very good claim to either ask for the easement to be amended so its not vague any more or money damage If it is justfied . Legal stationary stores have very specific forms for many things , like evictions leases divorce papers , But those things are very specific and many areas that people seek some sort of legal help with are often best answered by law firms when agreements are vague or dont provide a so called list of rules that both partys agree to . So unless your easement agreement was written covering every possible thing limiting its use or saying exactly how the easement is to be used and each partys rights and responsiblitys to the other From A to Z . then consult with a lawyer .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">