• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement Error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

awig

I live in mississippi, in 1986 my aunt had not gained title to her land granted her by my grandmother. and was not allowed entry to her property by my step grandfather. my mother allowed her sister to drive over her property to allow my aunt access 30'.
she used my mothers property for 10 years (3o') the estate was settled after my grandmother 's passing my mother had paper drawn up to give her sister a legal filed easement. that was in 1996.
now it has been brought to her attention that there was an error, instead of the 30' my aunt had been given, she was given 300' feet which is the easement my mom granted me. my aunt was to have access to 30' and turn in as she reached her property. and the easement for me continued on 270'
until i reached my property. this issue was brought to our attention recently, and my aunt is insistant that the error is clearly in her favor and she will not give up the extra 270' of easement she was never intended to have... can you correct easements, and is there limitations of time.

HomeGuru

You need to consult a real estate attorney. Without a review of all the pertinent documents, it is difficult to provide an answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">