• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement - Ingress and Egress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcnicholson

Oregon

Hello--

Just spent quite a bit of time detailing my question. And it appears that it vanished in thin air. So will try again.

We have a question about the rights of our neighbor who has an easement on our property for the purpose of ingress egress and utilities. There is a designated undeveloped road next to the easement whcih we assumed (BAD) would be used for such purposes. Our neighbor now informs us that it is his right to utilize the specified easement (our front yard-- 5 ft from our front door) to construct a road. This means also removing all of the trees next to our house and jeopardizes our well.

Can he do this? Can be be required to use to the road?

Regards, Cathy and PaulWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pcnicholson

Easement - Ingress Egress

The parties hereby grnat unto each other, their succesors and assigns, a perpetual and non-exclusive easement for ingress and egress, as well as the installation and maintenance of underground uilities lines, within 25 feet of the each boundaries of the two parcels.

thanks

seniorjudge

The parties hereby grnat unto each other, their succesors and assigns, a perpetual and non-exclusive easement for ingress and egress, as well as the installation and maintenance of underground uilities lines, within 25 feet of the each boundaries of the two parcels.

thanks
Tell your neighbors (very politely of course) to bite big rocks.

There is NOTHING in that language allowing him to construct a road.

Hire a lawyer. Have the lawyer write this jerk a letter telling him how the cow eats the cabbage.

pcnicholson

Thanks Senior Judge and HomeGuru,

You both have made my day. These people have put us through hell this past week. We were just to the point of consulting an attorney but thought I would educate myself a bit from the good ol' internet before progressing.

I can finally get a good sleep tonight and quit crying everytime I see the orange stakes 5 feet from the edge of uncompleted home. Onward now!

Best to you both-- C

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">