• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement interpretation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dora2

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Can someone please help me with an interpretation of an easement on my property? What rights do we have exactly in respect to this easement which is part of our property?

Titled: Easement for access

Grantors, in consideration of $1, hereby grants, bargains, sells, and conveys to Grantees the following easement for access to driveway (with dimensions). -- Does this mean they now "own" that driveway exclusively, or we could use it if we wanted to?

I basically need to know that if we needed to use this driveway, could we without any interference from our neighbors who use this easement? I am aware that we cannot deny them use of the easement. Thank you!!!

HomeGuru

dora2 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Can someone please help me with an interpretation of an easement on my property? What rights do we have exactly in respect to this easement which is part of our property?

Titled: Easement for access

Grantors, in consideration of $1, hereby grants, bargains, sells, and conveys to Grantees the following easement for access to driveway (with dimensions). -- Does this mean they now "own" that driveway exclusively, or we could use it if we wanted to?

I basically need to know that if we needed to use this driveway, could we without any interference from our neighbors who use this easement? I am aware that we cannot deny them use of the easement. Thank you!!!
**A: you still own the property and have every right to use it. All the easement does is give them permission to use the portion covered in the easement. They are not the owners and have no exclusivity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">