• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement rights, 5th amendment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saddleup

Road Department of Williamson County Tn. removed a tree from my property. They claim it was on the road easement. I checked county records and there is no road easement. There is no easement of any kind held by Williamson County. I filed a claim with risk management, it was denied. I wish to assert my 5th ammendment rights. My property line, by surey, is located @ the roads edge. The county wants to "claim" 20 to 25 feet from the center of the road. No one is sure what the exact footage to be claimed. The tree was located 19 feet from the center of the road. The real fact remains, and the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, no private property can be seized with out warrant or compensation. There are few excceptions as per the 5th ammendment which do not apply in this case. Can anyone help me in locating the U.S. Supreme Court decisions? Hope to hear soon. <[email protected] >

S

saddleup

Don't be sorry, I try not to pick up a book myself. Do you think the 5th amendment is a basis for filing in civil court? Vanderbilt has a law student service for research, they may do the book stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">