• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crittergetter

What is the name of your state? South Dakota
We recently purchased our home,it's a basement home. We plan to build a new house topside. The power lines are directly over the house and cuts across our porperty to the neighbors. I see on my deed that an easement was granted in the 50's. My question... can I get the power company to move these lines and if so how do I go about it.

HomeGuru

crittergetter said:
What is the name of your state? South Dakota
We recently purchased our home,it's a basement home. We plan to build a new house topside. The power lines are directly over the house and cuts across our porperty to the neighbors. I see on my deed that an easement was granted in the 50's. My question... can I get the power company to move these lines and if so how do I go about it.
**A: you should have inquired with the power company before you closed.
Since they have an easement they can say, no, or charge you $150-$300K to re-route and go underground.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">