• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

if someone says they have an easement through my property do they have the right to put a drain in from their basement and pump water onto my land, I would think the could put the drain in but need to pump on
their land also a tree has fallen and they say their drain has been damaged by this and we should pay for repair why do they have the right to put it on our property and make
our land wet which pumps right next to my tenants house and i am afraid of water damage
shouldn't the water be pumped on his property

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
if someone says they have an easement through my property do they have the right to put a drain in from their basement and pump water onto my land, I would think the could put the drain in but need to pump on
their land also a tree has fallen and they say their drain has been damaged by this and we should pay for repair why do they have the right to put it on our property and make
our land wet which pumps right next to my tenants house and i am afraid of water damage
shouldn't the water be pumped on his property
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally no but what is the purpose for the easement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">