• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

W DULANEY

I live in Va. Myself and 3 other property owners own lots with an easement for a 4th much larger lot to access their property. our lots are about 2 acres and to 4th lot is 40 acres. Now the person with the 40 acres is selling some of the land and the new owner is dividing the land into 5 acres lots. Do all the new owners gain the existing esement? Is there any limit to how many people on the 40 acres can use our easement/road that we maintian. Also the existing eastment does require the 4th lot owner to maintian the road. Does this mean we do not have to contribute money for maintence? greeneman

HomeGuru

W DULANEY said:
I live in Va. Myself and 3 other property owners own lots with an easement for a 4th much larger lot to access their property. our lots are about 2 acres and to 4th lot is 40 acres. Now the person with the 40 acres is selling some of the land and the new owner is dividing the land into 5 acres lots. Do all the new owners gain the existing esement?
**A: only if that is the only ingress/egress. The new owners cannot be landlocked.
Is there any limit to how many people on the 40 acres can use our easement/road that we maintian.

**A: no.
Also the existing eastment does require the 4th lot owner to maintian the road. Does this mean we do not have to contribute money for maintence? greeneman

**A: No, the easement requires you to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">