• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Electric bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TEXAS TENANT

Moved into this rental house on June 1st. Have had many problems with repairs. You have been very helpfulin the past (nonworking air conditioner, dishwasher etc.) I have another question. The LL finally had the A/C fixed in Mid July (if you can call this fixed..at least it is not 100 degrees in there any more). I just got my electric bill and almost lost my cookies! It was outrageous! Is there a way for me to recover some of this from my LL for not repairing the A/C in a timely manner which caused it to run constantly for 45 days without EVER shutting off? I sure hope so. This bill is almost as much as my rent! And to top it off, the A/C flooded my house on Thursday night. (Condensation Line leaked). LL had someone come out on Friday to wet vac and pull the pad on the carpet. Guy came back out last night and said he did not have approval to clean the carpet. It really smells like mildew. He just replaced the pad and sprayed FEBREEZ on the carpet. Can it force LL to clean carpet or can I use the repair remedies available to me?

P

peter

You have to lean how to read the meter every couple of days..then you woudnt have been suprised!

lets see 1000 kw x 10 cents = $100.00

we used that in 10 days so in 30 day it could be $300.00 ...no surprises here.

I would suggest that you keep close tabs on this...and spary the carpet with lysol, remember its his carpet and he knows its damaged by his AC.

Since you have NOT doucmented the excess electricty usage...not much you can do...

being suprised is not an excuse....sorry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TEXAS TENANT:
Moved into this rental house on June 1st. Have had many problems with repairs. You have been very helpfulin the past (nonworking air conditioner, dishwasher etc.) I have another question. The LL finally had the A/C fixed in Mid July (if you can call this fixed..at least it is not 100 degrees in there any more). I just got my electric bill and almost lost my cookies! It was outrageous! Is there a way for me to recover some of this from my LL for not repairing the A/C in a timely manner which caused it to run constantly for 45 days without EVER shutting off? I sure hope so. This bill is almost as much as my rent! And to top it off, the A/C flooded my house on Thursday night. (Condensation Line leaked). LL had someone come out on Friday to wet vac and pull the pad on the carpet. Guy came back out last night and said he did not have approval to clean the carpet. It really smells like mildew. He just replaced the pad and sprayed FEBREEZ on the carpet. Can it force LL to clean carpet or can I use the repair remedies available to me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">