• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eminent Domain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laubhat

Western Pennsylvania is Proposing to build a high speed Monorail Train (Called Maglev) through a housing plan consisting of 200 + homes. Some homes will be condemed and removed, while other homes will remain within 100 feet of the track. There is no planned train station within 15 minutes of the housing plan, so property value will drop. Does the Eminent Domain Law (or other laws) force compensation from the agency involved to the remaining homes within "X"-distance from the train track ?

L

laubhat

What do you mean by "Come into play regardless.." Does that mean the organization in question is forced by law to compensate or totally buy out the homes not in the actual path of the train track itself ?

HomeGuru

My apologies. I was in a rush and misread your post.
Only the real property that will be in the path of monorail system will be bought by the government entity at fair market value.
The other properties will not be bought out but may suffer dimunition in value.
This area of the law that you seek advice on is fairly complicated. I recommend that you seek counsel from an attorney in your state that specializes in condemnation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">