• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

equity ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aspenariessnow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Does anyone know the laws on equity ownership? I live in a house owned by my parents and it was just sold for taxes. I did not know this was happening so it was quit a surprise when I received a notice on my door. The new owner will not have the deed until May. Right now he has equity ownership and wants us to pay him rent. I can not find anything on this matter and need to know if he can ask for rent before he has the deed. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Does anyone know the laws on equity ownership? I live in a house owned by my parents and it was just sold for taxes. I did not know this was happening so it was quit a surprise when I received a notice on my door. The new owner will not have the deed until May. Right now he has equity ownership and wants us to pay him rent. I can not find anything on this matter and need to know if he can ask for rent before he has the deed. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.
I believe that your parents would still have an opportunity left to redeem the home by paying the taxes. Therefore no, I do not believe it is appropriate yet for him to be attempting to charge rent...not until he gets the actual deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">