• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

escrow account for taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tommylittl

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
In Oct 1999 I opened a mortgage with the express condition that I would pay my own taxes. I pay $28 for pmi and $0 into escow for taxes. I Dec 2000 My mortgage was sold to another company. In jan 2001 the company wrote to me saying that upon review of my escrow account that I needed to pay an additional $100.00 per month to cover property tax. I called and wrote them back saying that I pay my own taxes and that no escrow was nessesary for my taxes. after 6 months they finnaly agreed and removes the escrow from my account. In jan 2001 they wrote me to inform that they had paid my tax bill that arrived in dec 2000 and would need an extra $200.00 per month to make up for that payment and to pay for next years taxes. I also paid taxes in dec 2000. I have been in dispute over this since. I dont feel that I owe them any extra money and that they need to collect the over payment themselves. My tax bill that arrived in dec 1999 was paid late but have been current and paid on time since. The mortgage company is threatining forclosure if I dont pay AN ADDITIONAL $2000.00 my contract states under funds for taxes and insurance that the borrower will pay the lender funds for yearly taxes and assesments that may attain priority over this security instument as a lien on the property... and under charges liens...Borrower shall pay all taxes assesments etc please advise

HomeGuru

Write a certified rr letter to the lender telling them that you will pay as soon as you get the money from the tax office.
Send a similar type letter to the tax office requesting a refund and copy the lender.

C

cclovins

I don't beleive the tax office will accept an monies above what the taxes are. I pay my taxes in the note but last year someone else paid my taxes. Atleast this is what the tax office said and sent the tax money back to the bank. It seems that someone made a big mistake and paid my taxes instead of their own. So if any money is above the taxes the tax office will not accept it. So if you paid it late the bank probable paid it. check to see if you have a cancel check for the tax amount. I'll bet they paid it.

T

tommylittl

refund of taxes

Jefferson county does not refund over payments to home owners they apply the over payment to future tax liabilities. I dont feel that this is my responsibility to correct and should not be punished by the mortgage company for thier error. do I have recourse agianst the mortgage co. for thier harrasment, violation of the fair credit reporting act?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">