• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Escrow Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tyb923

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Illinois

I received a notice from the National Idemnity Corporation stating that my 1998 real estate taxes had been sold. Soon after, I received a certified letter from the Sherriff stating that I have until 9/27/02 to provide proof of payment of the 1998 taxes or pay a sizeable amount to redeem my property, or I would lose my home. I immediately contacted the escrow service that I use to pay my taxes and homeowner's insurance to get a copy of the cancelled check to take to the Treasurer's office as proof of payment (which was over a month ago), and so far they claim that they are unable to find it. If I pay the redemption price to reclaim my home, do I have a valid lawsuit against the escrow service?

HomeGuru

Pay the amount due right away.
Then send a certified rrr letter to escrow and demand evidence of payment by a specified date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">