• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssnow

I own a condo in CT and have been renting it out for the past 4 months and have a one-year lease. I never received July’s rent payment. The tenant said that the check was sent but some else cashed it. I asked for a copy of the cancel check and never received anything from the tenant. I received August’s rent check a week ago and deposit it. The check was returned to me, no sufficient funds.

My questions are what is the best thing to do first? Should I start eviction and how long does this that take? Is the tenant still suppose to pay rent while I am trying to evict her? Can I sue after the tenant has been evicted? Can you tell me where I can find good info on eviction?

Thanks,
Steve

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ssnow:
I own a condo in CT and have been renting it out for the past 4 months and have a one-year lease. I never received July’s rent payment. The tenant said that the check was sent but some else cashed it. I asked for a copy of the cancel check and never received anything from the tenant. I received August’s rent check a week ago and deposit it. The check was returned to me, no sufficient funds.

My questions are what is the best thing to do first? Should I start eviction and how long does this that take? Is the tenant still suppose to pay rent while I am trying to evict her? Can I sue after the tenant has been evicted? Can you tell me where I can find good info on eviction?

Thanks,
Steve
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start off with conducting a search on this BB using the keyword eviction. Be prepared to do some reading. If you still have questions, please post here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">