• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction before foreclosure, belongings questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Economyvic#13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My situation is my condo is in foreclosure. The auction date is next week but the judge estimated I would have to be out in oct. or nov.

However due to non payment (because I couldn't) I have not paid my association fees. If I pay everything' by sept 31 I can stay, if not, it's court ordered I am the association can have me out on that day.

So here's my question. I have no place to go. I FINALLY got a part time job this week. Certainly not enough to afford a place or pay what is due the association so I can have my last month or so here.

There is no where to go or store anything. I really don't even care enough pay for storage. Im so fed upnwith everything snd im emotionally exsusted. What happens if I just walk out, leave everything here and never look back? I'm trying to throw things out but the furniture I have no where to go with it. Will the association charge me or anything for my stuff in a place I still legally own?

FlyingRon

You've lost me. How is it that the condo association has any rights to evict you unless they are the ones who end up purchasing your unit. I've seen associations lien and foreclose on people, but I can't see how they have the authority to evict anybody (whether the occupant is an owner, or someone staying over on a new owner's property).

Economyvic#13

I don't know, the lawyer and judge seems to think its ok. I know I read somewhere that even though I own it they can evict me and then rent it out.... :(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You've lost me. How is it that the condo association has any rights to evict you unless they are the ones who end up purchasing your unit. I've seen associations lien and foreclose on people, but I can't see how they have the authority to evict anybody (whether the occupant is an owner, or someone staying over on a new owner's property).
The condo association has a separate cause of action -- if he would read their paperwork, he would most likely find it.

Economyvic#13

If you are referring to me as "if he were to read it he would find it" yes, I agree. My question was never about that... But thank you for answer the question that someone else wrote in response to my question.

My question was, when I am evicted, if I leave my property here, will I be in trouble or fined or will they just rid of it for me? Especially since I currently still own it.

Oh and I am a foreclosure victim - gal also, lol :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you are referring to me as "if he were to read it he would find it" yes, I agree. My question was never about that... But thank you for answer the question that someone else wrote in response to my question.

My question was, when I am evicted, if I leave my property here, will I be in trouble or fined or will they just rid of it for me? Especially since I currently still own it.

Oh and I am a foreclosure victim - gal also, lol :)
You are not a foreclosure "victim" -- if you would have paid your debt, you wouldn't have this problem. Your "victim" status is based upon your choices. As for a GAL -- should we assume that means female?
If you are evicted and leave, your property can be viewed as abandoned and disposed upon and you can be charged for disposing of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">