• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction,no lease.ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lgimpypoet

I forgot to mention the grounds for eviction are the property is being sold.This comes as a complete supriseto us,as when we last paid rent every thing was fine.I really need more time to find a place and move there.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lgimpypoet:
I forgot to mention the grounds for eviction are the property is being sold.This comes as a complete supriseto us,as when we last paid rent every thing was fine.I really need more time to find a place and move there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Property being sold is not legal grounds for eviction. Nonpayment of rent and violation of the house rules and provisions of the lease agreement are grounds for eviction. The landlord is required by law to give proper written notice to terminate a month to month lease. Absent this written notice, your lease remains in effect and there was no eviction or lease termination notice given to you. Even if a 3 day written notice was given, the notice is void and unenforceable due to insufficient number of days given to cancel a month-month lease.

M

mee

Yes you are entitled to a 30 day notice to move.

AND a written notice that you have a security deposit that you can use for the last months rent.

Always remember this.....you have a LEGAL RIGHT to attend the closing to put in a demand for payment of your security deposit, if the landlord stalls you or refuses to give it back. Once the house is sold and if you are not living in it, the new owner DOES NOT get the security transferred from the old owner...

Also if you have a lease the old owner cannot force you out...you can stay till the end of the lease.

=======================================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lgimpypoet:
I forgot to mention the grounds for eviction are the property is being sold.This comes as a complete supriseto us,as when we last paid rent every thing was fine.I really need more time to find a place and move there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

T

Tracey

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mee:
Yes you are entitled to a 30 day notice to move.

AND a written notice that you have a security deposit that you can use for the last months rent.

Always remember this.....you have a LEGAL RIGHT to attend the closing to put in a demand for payment of your security deposit, if the landlord stalls you or refuses to give it back. Once the house is sold and if you are not living in it, the new owner DOES NOT get the security transferred from the old owner...

Also if you have a lease the old owner cannot force you out...you can stay till the end of the lease.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? You do not have a right to use the security deposit for the last month's rent. The security deposit must be transferred to the new owner at closing if you still live there, and NO is liable to you for the deposit whether the money is transferred or not. If you move before closing, L has to refund the deposit.

If L wants you out, you have to receive her written notice by 8/1 for you to to have to vacate before 8/31. If she wants you to leave before 9/1, she has to bribe you into doing so. Make her pay through the nose -- 1-3 months' rent + moving costs + immediate refund of the FULL deposit. $1,000-$2,00. Probably, buyer's offer is contingent on seller getting rid of you before closing, which is scheduled for Friday. You've got L by the short & curlies. Pull! :D

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">