• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

a_l_a_n

Tenant (roommate) in CA bounces move-in check for first+last month.

He disappears leaving furniture/personal belongins in room, does not return phone calls (cell), emails, simply hangs up on me if he does answer the phone.

The only contact information I have about him - cell phone no., Car no, Social Security No. - I expect him to return when I am at work and move out all his furniture. He is unemployed so has no workplace to be contacted at

What is the best course of action against him ?
1) Eviction
2) Sue him for bad check
3) Can I do both ?

TiA

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by a_l_a_n:
Tenant (roommate) in CA bounces move-in check for first+last month.

He disappears leaving furniture/personal belongins in room, does not return phone calls (cell), emails, simply hangs up on me if he does answer the phone.

The only contact information I have about him - cell phone no., Car no, Social Security No. - I expect him to return when I am at work and move out all his furniture. He is unemployed so has no workplace to be contacted at

What is the best course of action against him ?
1) Eviction
2) Sue him for bad check
3) Can I do both ?

TiA

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">