• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction with rent paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

muca89

I got a 30 days notice to quit on 6-28-00 and after verbaly agreement with the landlord he gave me to Sept 15 2000. Since I pay first and last month when I move in, the landlord suggest to me to pay him for the mont of july and use my deposit for the month of august. but now I got a summons unlawful detainer to response on 5 days by 8-13-00 if not they will lockup my property. But I have my rent pay till 8-31-00. is this is legal to evict some one after verbal agreement and when the rent is paid. thanks in advance for your information.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muca89:
I got a 30 days notice to quit on 6-28-00 and after verbaly agreement with the landlord he gave me to Sept 15 2000. Since I pay first and last month when I move in, the landlord suggest to me to pay him for the mont of july and use my deposit for the month of august. but now I got a summons unlawful detainer to response on 5 days by 8-13-00 if not they will lockup my property. But I have my rent pay till 8-31-00. is this is legal to evict some one after verbal agreement and when the rent is paid. thanks in advance for your information. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L can not evict if your rent is paid current. In your case, your rent is not paid current because you did not pay it. Your security deposit can not be used as payment of the August rent. Verbal agreements do not supersede whatever is in writng.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">