• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-girlfriend and I are on title, I'm solely on mortgage. Needing salvation!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salvation

I bought a house 5 yrs ago with now ex-girlfriend. We both still live together. The problem I have is that both our names are on the title and my name is solely on the mortgage. I have been paying the mortgage and the other bills that go along with a house without any contributions from her. (Yes, I am the sucker) I am ready to move on. The house has approximately 40k worth of equity in it. Since she has not contributed, I prefer not to give her one cent. I am open minded though. What options do I have?

Warped

I'm not a lawyer!

Consult a local real estate attorney about an "action of partition". Search for the word, "partition" here on the boards for a general idea of what it means. Best of luck to ya! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">