• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Husband Renting out house we both owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PieFace22

Ohio

My ex husband has rented out our home we both own, after the fact its states in court order we must place the house on market for sale. I did not find this out until the people enter the home. My old neighbor called me telling me people were in the house, I being 2 1/2 hours away called my father and mother. My mother rushed over to the house and told them "Why are you in my daughter's house"? They told my mother they bought the house, I was on the phone with the man who purchased my house and I told him that the house was under court order and no one was suppose to be in it. He was not aware the house was under court order, I called the local police and told them about the court order and the people had to leave. But before I hung up he told me I had 30 day's to get my stuff out of there.. I still had much property there that I had not finished packing, and they were tossing it into garbage bags. Now my name is STILL on the deed of the house and my ex say's it's not. I called the local court house and YES the house is still in my name too since 1994, My ex- husband name is on the loan and not mine.. Just my name is on the deed. I was told by the man that he purchased the house for what was owed on it nine thousands dollars, but my ex say's they are just renting it. I asked my ex-husband to see the rental agreement and I haven't seen it yet. These people are not suppose to be in the house, I NEVER SIGNED anything for rent or someone to purchase the home. I want to sell the house it is estimated value twenty five thousand I just need some advice on what to do.

latigo

Ohio

My ex husband has rented out our home we both own, after the fact its states in court order we must place the house on market for sale. I did not find this out until the people enter the home. My old neighbor called me telling me people were in the house, I being 2 1/2 hours away called my father and mother. My mother rushed over to the house and told them "Why are you in my daughter's house"? They told my mother they bought the house, I was on the phone with the man who purchased my house and I told him that the house was under court order and no one was suppose to be in it. He was not aware the house was under court order, I called the local police and told them about the court order and the people had to leave. But before I hung up he told me I had 30 day's to get my stuff out of there.. I still had much property there that I had not finished packing, and they were tossing it into garbage bags. Now my name is STILL on the deed of the house and my ex say's it's not. I called the local court house and YES the house is still in my name too since 1994, My ex- husband name is on the loan and not mine.. Just my name is on the deed. I was told by the man that he purchased the house for what was owed on it nine thousands dollars, but my ex say's they are just renting it. I asked my ex-husband to see the rental agreement and I haven't seen it yet. These people are not suppose to be in the house, I NEVER SIGNED anything for rent or someone to purchase the home. I want to sell the house it is estimated value twenty five thousand I just need some advice on what to do.
You need to consult with your lawyer. This is not something that you should be try to resolve without professional assistance.

But out of curiosity did the occupant(s) produce and any paperwork indicating that your ex husband has "attempted" to either sell or rent them the home? Did the ex offer any explanation to support his claim that you are not the or a record owner?

PieFace22

You need to consult with your lawyer. This is not something that you should be try to resolve without professional assistance.

But out of curiosity did the occupant(s) produce and any paperwork indicating that your ex husband has "attempted" to either sell or rent them the home? Did the ex offer any explanation to support his claim that you are not the or a record owner?
I've contacted my Ex-husband about a renters agreement and he never responded to my question. So I have no idea if there is such an agreement
I've also tried to contact the occupant about any papers and I have no heard from them, So I am clueless on what is going on. I asked him if my name was on the deed to the home and he told me no, I called the local court house and Yes my name is on the deed since 1994.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">